Pine Needles at Gardner Village
1100 W 7800 S #3
West Jordan UT 84088
801-233-0551

contactus@pineneedlesonline.com

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Basic Grey Canvas Sampler Boards

You may have seen the blank Sampler Boards by Basic Grey.  We have them in a large variety of patterns and sizes. 

I chose a 8 x 10 canvas and the fabric line "Ruby" by Camille Roskelly for Moda.

It is such a great way to showcase some of your favorite findings, fabrics and yes, your stitches!


Use a variety of embroidery stitches and using 3 ply floss stitch around each fabric circle.


 Make a cute tag, wrap it around a pin and glue to create a great pin to weave through one of your circles.

Buttons - not just one button but a whole pile of buttons!
Gather a strip of folded fabric to create a cute ruffled flower and add an old button in the center.


For the one I made for my sis Sherie I used Sweetwater's new line, Hometown.
In total I have made 8 boards (I have a lot of Sisters), each one unique.


1 comment:

sherie said...

I LOVE mine and think I need to make one for every room in all my favorite fabrics. Thank you so much for your awesome creativity!